General Contest Rules
THUNDER 104.5 WGRX
WGRX-FM – Falmouth / Fredericksburg, VA
1. No purchase necessary. Contests are open to all ages unless otherwise noted for a specific contest. WGRX-FM reserves the right to change the age limit for specific contests. Persons who are: owners or employees of WGRX-FM or of Telemedia Broadcasting, Inc; contest sponsors and their associated advertising agencies; employees of other radio and television stations; or the immediate families of any of the above, are not eligible to participate in contests.
2. Only one (1) qualified contestant per residential address will be eligible to win within fifteen (15) calendar days. WGRX-FM reserves the right to extend the fifteen (15) day rule to the length of a specific contest. Winning a prize valued at or above $1,000 constitutes ineligibility for all WGRX-FM contests for one hundred and twenty (120) calendar days.
3. Contest dates, times, method of entry and the winner selection mechanism will vary depending on the specific contest.
4. Prize winners will be required to pick up their prize at the WGRX-FM offices at 4414 Lafayette Blvd, Suite 100, Fredericksburg, Virginia 22408 when instructed unless otherwise noted. Prize may take up to sixty (60) days to be available for redemption. Winners must show legal identification and provide their social security number if requested to claim a prize and complete tax paperwork and a release form provided by WGRX-FM if needed. All prizes must be claimed within thirty (30) days of official notification that the prize is available to be claimed. WGRX-FM is not responsible for delivery of any prize to any winner. Prizes unclaimed after thirty (30) days of notification will be forfeited and become the sole property of WGRX-FM.
5. Prizes are non-transferable. No prizes may be substituted or exchanged for other prizes. Prizes may have been furnished for promotional or advertising consideration. Many prizes awarded on WGRX-FM are courtesy of station advertiser and concert promoters. WGRX-FM will not be responsible for prizes that become unavailable due to unforeseen circumstances beyond our control, including, but not limited to, show cancellations or date changes. WGRX-FM cannot replace lost or stolen prizes. Prizes are offered “as is” with no warranty.
6. Any person who is discovered by the station to have not been eligible to participate in a contest shall have no legal or other claim to any prize, whether prospective only, awarded but not received, or awarded and received. The determination of eligibility or ineligibility shall be binding on all persons who enter or seek to enter a contest and is final. Any person who receives a prize but is found by WGRX-FM to be ineligible to participate in the contest, for any reason, shall return the full prize, without any deduction or offset, within seven (7) business days of having been notified in writing of WGRX-FM’s decision.
7. Winners forever release and agree to indemnify and hold harmless WGRX-FM, Telemedia Broadcasting, Inc, their officers, employees and directors from and for any claim liability, income tax, loss or damage caused by or arising out of participation in a contest and/or use of a prize. Any additional cost related to the any prize that is incurred by the prize winner as a result of accepting a prize is the sole responsibility of the prize winner.
8. If requested, all winners must provide Telemedia Broadcasting, Inc with their social security number before a prize is awarded. Prize winners will be responsible for any and all applicable taxes and fees.
9. Void where prohibited by law.
10. WGRX-FM and its authorized representatives reserve the right to postpone, reschedule, delay, and/or modify the contest dates, events and/or method of entry at any time. WGRX-FM may be excused from its obligation to execute the contest and/or events if its performance is delayed or prevented due to any cause beyond its control, including but not limited to acts of God, public enemies, war, civil disorder, fire, flood, explosion, labor disputes or strikes, and any acts by any governmental authority.
11. Winners hereby allow WGRX-FM to use their name, voice and/or likeness for advertising and promotional purposes without any other authorization and without additional compensation.
12. A copy of the official rules are available at the WGRX-FM office during regular business hours or online at http://www.thunder1045.com; rules will also be mailed to anyone who provides a self-addressed envelope with a written request for the rules to WGRX-FM.
13. Odds of winning are based on the number of phone calls or entrees received. WGRX-FM is not responsible for failure of any caller to successfully dial the radio station or any callers who may be disconnected or any entries that may get lost, stolen or damaged in the mail.
14. WGRX-FM reserves the right to change or alter the official rules, method of entry and/or prize(s) without prior notification.
15. The decision of the judges is final.
16. WGRX-FM intends to keep your email information confidential and does not intend to make your address available to any company or organization outside of Telemedia except as required by law. However, we may occasionally send you an email about a station event. Your participation in this contest by email constitutes your invitation that we do so. If you do not wish to receive such mail, please respond with NO MAIL in the body of your email.
17. Due to the nature of our programs that are heard on-line over the internet, programs heard on this radio station’s internet audio stream are slightly delayed from the time the programs are heard on the broadcast station, and will be running behind the broadcast signal. Thus, all content heard, including news alerts, contests, traffic reports, and more are delayed. This delay can last for as much as 30 seconds or more. This also means that when WGRX-FM contests are played that requires a specific caller to telephone the radio station, listeners to the on-line audio stream may be at a disadvantage in participating over those listeners who hear the contests on-air. In any event those who participate in the station’s contests by listening over the Internet should take this time delay circumstance into account in calculating the actual dealing within which they must call the station.